Umami: Full, soft.
Texture: "Creamy-cloudy" (particle size <20µm)
Colour: Emerald Green You will never need milk: the unrivaled sweetness of Matcha Imperial Grade is such that it is particularly well suited to a water-based preparation. Its very subtle flavor profile is best perceived by receptors in the center and back of your tongue. The umami notes, its roundness and its vegetal freshness will be perfectly restored, remember that when you taste it 😊.
- For one "Usucha" matcha, ie the most common, you will need 2 g of matcha (half a full teaspoon). Put the powder in a clean, dry bowl and add the same amount of water as the amount of matcha: a few drops will suffice. Using the bamboo whisk, sweep the matcha and water in circular motions along the sides of the bowl to break up lumps and create a thick cream. You can already use the herbal flavors that are released at this point 🤤. Then add 150 ml of water at 70 degrees and continue whisking with the bamboo whisk until you obtain a fine and delicate foam. For this step, it is advisable to whip from left to right very straight and very vigorously, rather than using circular movements.
- For a koicha (strong and creamy matcha), you will need 4 grams of matcha and 50 ml of water. The procedure is the same as for the usucha.
- To get water at exactly 70 degrees 💦 mix some cold water with boiling water: 1 part cold water to 2 parts boiling water should give you the perfect temperature.
- The water temperature should not exceed 80 degrees, otherwise the matcha will develop bitterness. You don't have to boil its valuable nutrients and delicate flavor!
Be careful when transporting an open jar! We advise you to put it in your bag / suitcase very carefully so as not to stir the matcha powder inside the jar. Otherwise, it is likely that the powder will fall into the area between the jar and the lid, then when you open the jar, the powder may spill out, which would be particularly unfortunate.
• Free delivery for orders over 69 Euros / CHF.
• Shipped in 1 working day, delivery in 48-72 hours in Europe.
• We only ship matcha freshly ground, guaranteeing the best quality, and work just in time with Japan. So when demand is high, it may be possible to wait 2-3 more days for the next delivery from Kyoto, as we are not shipping second grade matcha. We will contact you by phone or email if necessary.
Our tea is 100% guaranteed, we have absolute confidence in the quality of the products we offer you. Matcha Botanicals is a team of passionate people who have nothing in mind to sell products that we are proud of. These are varieties carefully selected, developed and studied by our producers and with our tea master. The cultivation and manufacturing process is the subject of our full attention, because we are the first consumers of our products, and constantly in search of the best. 💯
As specialists in traditional Japanese Matcha, we exclusively distribute Matcha from equally passionate family farms, all members of the Japan Tea Association, and all producing traditional Japanese Matcha since the 18th century.
Their production methods are on quality standards much higher than that of the "BIO" standards, a simple comparison with a single cup between a "BIO" commercial matcha and those from the plantations that we offer is eloquent!
For our producers, it does not make sense to pay dearly for an ORGANIC label which would guarantee a lower quality than the real quality of their products, while increasing their costs. The production is analyzed regularly to guarantee its quality as strictly as a traditional Organic Matcha. 🌳
Once harvested, the leaves are washed and steamed to freeze their aromas. The steam forms a protective film around the leaf, which allows it to retain its properties. They are then dried in hot air in large nets, and stored.
Less than 30 days before landing in your cup, the leaves are ground, then shipped by boat and train 🚞 to Europe, guaranteeing unparalleled freshness and an exemplary carbon footprint 🌈.
By the way, cultivating a tea plant is like planting a young tree every 5 years.